Policies and protocols
Policies and protocols guide consistent, well considered management and actions.When implemented, policies and protocols can help protect the experience of visitors and the environment.
- Pinnacle Road Snow Management Policy
- Hygiene Protocol
- Hygiene Protocol Fig 1 – Location of Areas of Management
- Hygiene Protocol Fig 2 – Specified Weed Distribution
- Hygience Protocol Fig 3 – Phytophthora Risk Areas and Known Locations
- Hygiene Protocol Fig 4 – Fire Trails
- Hygiene Protocol Fig 5 – High Risk Trails
- Working in Wellington Park Induction Kit
The Pinnacle Road Snow Management Policy 2003 has been prepared by the Trust and the Hobart City Council to improve the management of Pinnacle Road during snow events. Snowfalls can disrupt community, maintenance and safety access to the mountain. The policy was prepared in consultation with stakeholders and the community, and recommends actions to improve operational measures and raise public awareness of snow safety issues.
The Wellington Park Hygiene Protocol 2007 addresses the risks of spreading weeds and pathogens in the Park. To protect natural values, actions are suggested to agencies including washdown guidelines, the planning of routes, management of capital works and staff education.
Contact the Manager for more information on Wellington Park policies and protocols.