To reduce impacts and protect the special values of Wellington Park, permits are required for some activities.
Activities that require special permits include:
- Activities beyond routine maintenance;
- Collecting any material in the Park (including for research purposes);
- Drone/RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) Use (including for commercial, scientific research or recreational purposes);
- 4WDing (except along Jefferys Track;
- Horse riding (except along Jefferys Track);
- Media activity and commercial filming (except news of the day);
- Research (including social surveys);
- Special events (including activities that require access through gates and barriers); and
- Any other unusual activities.
Not that some activities may require more than one permit, eg filming from a drone for commercial purposes.