Track Closure Update 6 July
Wellington Park, including Pinnacle Road to the summit of kunanyi / Mount Wellington is open to the public. Please note that the following walking tracks and fire trails will remain closed until the damage from the severe storm on the night of Thursday 10 May can be repaired:
Closed walking tracks and fire trails
City of Hobart area
- North South Track between Old Hobartians Track and Kangaroo Fire Trail
- Lost World Track
- Pinnacle Track (closed for construction)
For further information see the City of Hobart website.
Glenorchy City Council area
- Knights Creek Track
- Tolosa Fire Trail beyond Humphreys Rivulet Fire Trail
- Native Cherry Fire Trail (formerly Ruins Fire Trail)
- The following tracks within the Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park:
- Gully Track closed above Water Fire Trail
- North South Track descent from the Water Fire Trail to the Mountain Bike Park hub
For further information see the Glenorchy City Council website.
Parks and Wildlife Service area
- Old Montagu Fire Trail
- Betts Hill Track
- Wellington Falls to Mount Montagu Track
- Devils Throne Track
- Collins Bonnet Track below the East West Trail
- Myrtle Forest Track
- Myrtle Forest Trail
- Collins Cap Track below Collins Cap Trail
- Ringwood Trail
- Mountain River Trail
- Fryingpan Hills Fire Trail.
Visitors should be cautions on the tracks and trails that are open for use as there may still be storm debris on the surface and rough, eroded sections. Please follow any warning signs carefully.
Please check this page for updates on the status of closed tracks and trails.