UPDATE 22/11/21: Temporary closure of tracks and trails in the Glenorchy MTB Park area
The following fire trail and tracks are temporarily closed until storm damage hazards are removed (see maps for reference):
- Merton Fire Trail between Priest Fire Trail and the 5 ways junction with North South Track
• Merton Fire Trail within Wellington Park remains partially closed to all users (vehicles, walkers, mountain bike riders etc.) until further notice due to a landslip
• The closed section is between Five Ways Junction and the eastern junction of Merton Fire Trail and Priest Fire Trail (approx. 1.8km, see attached map)
• It is unlikely that this section will be reopened prior to the upcoming bushfire season
• The landslip site is being monitored weekly and after heavy rain such as 10-11/11/21. Monitoring includes collecting data such as measurements of continual movement and slumping.
NorthShore Trail remains closed
- National Downhill and Short Downhill Trails are now OPEN.
Watch this page for updates.